Her First Face...OUR PERFECT BEAUTY

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

2 years already....9-17-09

This is not going to be the post that I was hoping for to celebrate Adalynn's two year anniversary of her first surgery. Which might or might not have to do with the fact that two out of the last three nights were spent in the ER. To make a VERY long story short....Adalynn tripped with her toothbrush in her mouth (big brother thought he was helping by giving her the toothbrush) and she hurt her mouth pretty bad.....if it weren't already late and I didn't have to prepare to lead my first MOPS discussion group tomorrow, then I would give more details ... but for now. this is it!


---------------------------------------------------------


ANYWAYS.....2 years ago Adalynn's first face, which we still miss, was changed forever. I think I will always miss that first wide smile, but feel blessed we live in a country where it is possible to have this type of birth defect repaired at such a young age. If you haven't watched Smile Pinki it is definitely worth trying to find it!!!!
Here is the trailer....






And here is our baby girl.....



2 years ago ... she looked like this....


but within a few hours, she looked like this!





And once again, I have to say

...  wow, time flies!




Many Blessings,



4 comments:

  1. Aww poor Adalynn - I hope she is feeling better!

    And yes time flies...it's crazy looking back and what our little ones (and us!) went thru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. two weeks from today will be Aiden's one year anniversary and that brings with it SO many memories. Adalynn will be in my prayers. hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I have to get that movie! I wonder if they have it on NetFlix or HBO Demand?

    I always hate it when Zoe bumps or hurts any part of her mouth. To me it's a super sensitive area, but thankfully, not to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about Adalynn's accident - I hope she is doing better now. And that movie looks great. I definitely want to try to find it. I, too, am so thankful that we live in a country where birth defects such as clefts can be repaired early in life.

    ReplyDelete