Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lots to Update

We did make it to Indiana and back over the VERY short Thanksgiving Holiday. On Monday, Camden had his Thanksgiving Feast at his school. John was able to go and Camden was VERY excited to be a Pilgrim. We left as soon as I got out of school on Tuesday and drove to Cave City, Kentucky. The kids did great-despite Camden not being 100%, but by that time (close to 11:30) John had a horrible headache, his back hurt and he was getting tired. We stopped at a hotel (after searching for one that 'liked' Chase-our Cocker Spaniel). We finally made it to our destination around lunch time on Wednesday, just to leave again for another hour drive back south to Bloomington. Dr. Frye (a.k.a. Aunt Michelle-John's sister) gave us all eye exams. We spent the evening with my mom, sister and brothers. Broderick and Camden had a blast playing with their cousin Landon. We then slept at my grandma and grandpa's house. Thursday was spent helping Grandma get ready for the whole family to come over for Thanksgiving. Everyone loved seeing Adalynn and many were meeting her for the first time.
On Friday we went to my dad's house and then to see John's grandma. She enjoyed meeting Adalynn and couldn't believe how grown up the boys were. We got a chance to go to Muncie that evening for a very brief visit, but due to my lack of planning (not calling people) we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to see. Camden was really feeling bad and even began running a fever late Friday night. He just kept saying over and over again "I just want to go to Georgia". It was very cute.

On Saturday we had Thanksgiving with John's parents. Grandma Frye was able to come as well as my mom. The boys loved playing with their "big" cousin, Brandon, and even got to spend a little bit of time outside. Camden was feeling slightly better, but still had a horrible cough. (Kelli-this is why I did not call you...better safe than sorry). Saturday afternoon was spent with the Frye's and then with Aunt Jessica and B.J. We were back on the road heading back to Georgia by 6:00 p.m. We pulled into our driveway at 3:45 a.m. Sunday morning. John drove straight through. Adalynn was a little fussy about being in her car seat so long, but finally fell asleep. Broderick and Camden both rested and did great. They LOVED the White Castles we stopped to get and between the two of them, they ate 10!
We got the Christmas tree put up on Sunday, though I do have to admit that there are still clothes in suitcases. Another exciting bit of news is the our baby girl is sitting up now, so I have posted pictures of that too. We had her pre-op for her palate surgery yesterday. Time is going by way too fast. She will have her surgery and be 6 months old before we know it. Enjoy the pictures!


  1. Sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend!

    Adalynn looks so adorable sitting up. She's getting so big!

  2. wow! so busy! glad you guys had a nice thanksgiving!

  3. I'm glad you had a good time and got home safely! See you Monday! The pictures are great!!! =)